Friday, December 17, 2010

Homemade Pink Grapefruit, Lime and Bergamont Brown Sugar Body Scrub





This is a Body Scrub recipe that I have made as christmas presents for my friends. It's the first time I have made a Body Scrub and it turned out great. You can use any scent. I chose pinkgrapefruit, lime and bergamont. It smells fresh and invigorating.

Makes enough to fill a one litre jar.

Ingredients:

Half cup of Rock Salt
Two cups of organic brown sugar
Two cups of Epson salts
One cup of extra virgin olive oil
The oil of ten Evening Primrose Capsules
One cup of poppy seeds
10 drops each of chosen aromatherapy oil *( I used bergamont, lime and pink grapefruit)
Utensils

Large glass bowl
Wooden spoon
Measuring cups
Clean glass jars with lids
Organza Ribbon
Method:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (brown sugar, espon salts, rock salt and poppy seeds)
Add extra virgin olive oil
Carefully pierce evening primrose oil capsules and add to olive oil
Add essential oil , one drop at a time
Mix ingredients thoroughly together
Place in clean sterile jars.
Decorate with ribbon and tags
I had a lot of fun making my own labels and ingredient tag in Photoshop. I laminated my pictures of citrus fruits and tied them to the jar with organza ribbon. The labels turned out great and the scrub looks and smells divine. The kitchen smelt lovely and it's lots of fun to make.
*Note: Please don't use synthetic oils








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails