Saturday, October 31, 2009

Natures natural Insecticide, Marigolds and Nasturtiums.




Because I don't like to use chemicals in my vegetable garden, I randomly plant Marigolds and Nasturtiums here and there. They have great natural Insecticidal properties. They control borers, codling moths, white fly, aphids and white cabbage butterfly. Nature is a cleaver thing! When the Marigolds have finished flowering, I collect all the dried buds and further dry them out in a paper bag. Then when they have fully dried out I gently break them up scatter them around the veggie garden again. Once you have purchased your first packet of Marigolds you will not have to buy them again . I love to look out the window and see a bright splash of orange and sunny yellow, it makes me smile!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails